Windows Autopilot capabilities enable the quick and easy transformation of new devices into enterprise-ready machines, without imaging and with flexible methods to satisfy organizations of all shapes and sizes.
- New devices can easily be set up by end users: Windows Autopilot device provisioning process is designed to be completed by the end user, easily with no IT involvement.
- Provisioning process displays progress until complete: with the enrollment status page users can tell when the Windows Autopilot provisioning process is complete. IT can prevent access to the desktop until that happens.
- Windows Autopilot is personalized: the out-of-box experience can be personalized to welcome the person to their new device.
Some of the benefits of Windows Autopilot are:
- Intune can push policies, settings, and configuration to the device, and install Office 365 and other apps without IT ever having to touch the device or apply a custom image to the device.
- Intune can configure Windows Update for Business to apply the latest updates.
- The device can automatically upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise seamlessly using AAD–no product keys to manage, no reboots, no prompts for the user.
Windows 10 allows IT to manage all devices and applications with the power of the cloud:
- Windows 10 supports Mobile Device Management, so you can manage Windows 10 devices of any form factor in the same manner as the rest of the mobile devices in your environment.
- Using Mobile Application Management (MAM), you can manage corporate data, access of cloud resources, copy/paste protection and selective wipe on personal devices without impacting the user’s personal data. IT can ensure personal devices comply with corporate PIN and data protection policies.
- Windows Shared Devices: for those custom device scenarios, IT can manage locked down single purpose devices and have employees focus on the task at hand, with only the apps they need. IT can reset unresponsive apps or even remotely reset the device.
- The Microsoft Store for Business is the place where IT can find, acquire, manage, and distribute no-cost and paid apps to Windows 10 devices. Admins can now create custom collections of apps (app groups/ categories) in the private store. Other improvements within this release is the time it takes for changes to the private store to occur, as it has been dramatically shortened. Desktop Bridge apps no longer require Microsoft approval when submitting as a Line of Business app.